Re: [Adonthell-general] Maps and Annotation

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Maps and Annotation
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:06:21 -0700

On 7/5/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

I see your points. I suppose I wondered about the editor as we would need to
be able to edit the maps. But you're described an editor-less way to do it,
so all the better. I do think this should be in the post 0.4 roadmap,

Done: http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Road_Map#And_Then.3F
I kept the associated task quite brief and added a link to this thread instead.

An idea that came to my mind is to have a slections of icons to
represent annotations on the map. That way, all those notes could be
roughly categorized at least. Possible icons might be:

* a head for NPCs
* a cave entrance for Dungeons
* a bag of coins for shops
* a question mark for places to explore later
* a ...(?) for training
* a ...(?) for danger
* and so on ...

Kai