Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules suggestion

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules suggestion
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:50:24 +0200

On 7/22/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

In working on charedit, and playing with the pre-release demo, I realized
that there's one potentially important property that we've left out of our
rule set until now: movement speed. The demo appears to use it and some
special abilities would explicitly impact it, but we've never had anything
in the rules themselves about it.

You are right. Things like movement speed, jumping range, damage taken
when falling down, etc. are supposed to be based on character
attributes eventually. So they should also be covered by the rules.

I'd like to add it and think because it is
most closely related to agility, it should be dependent on the character's
agility score.

So far there are two skills Body Control and Climb that specifically
cover movement-related variables. In that respect, wouldn't it make
more sense to introduce a Speed skill (or a different skill that
combines some/all of the above)?

That would fit the idea that properties are mostly combat related,
while skills cover all the rest. Also, properties are directly tied to
attributes, whereas skills can be raised directly. With speed being a
skill it would leave players more room for individually developing
their character.

Kai