[Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-devel] charedit update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-devel] charedit update
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:09:22 -0700

On 7/29/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been thinking about the demo we have now and the sokoban minigame
> we have planned for the final version. Would it make sense to work up
> the sokoban stuff and release it as one of the alpha demos?

Could be possible one we finish the collision stuff. The only thing
that is not in place for Sokoban would be movable objects. At present,
we have characters, which are movable and objects, which aren't. It
shouldn't be too hard to introduce something that's in between,
though. The difference to a character would be the "physics", so it
could be pushed around.

If we want to have things like elevator platforms (would fit into
Uzdun'kal, for example) and other moving objects, doing that would
make sense. The big question is, will that add something to the
gameplay besides Sokoban and elevators? If we could come up with a
number of puzzles or situations that would benefit from something like
that, we should add it to the task list.

Kai