[AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4

From: Alejandro Jakubi
Subject: [AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:56:02 -0300 (ART)

I intend to try AUCTeX with preview-latex. I have Fedora Core 4 and what yum got was ver. 11.81 in emacs-auctex-11.81-1.fc4.rpm, where preview-latex is missing.

I have thought of different possibilities:

1. copying (by hand) the missing files from auctex-11.82-pkg.tar.gz

2. idem, but from the compilation of auctex-11.82.tar.gz

3. make install of this compilation over the rpm instalation

4. make install of just preview-latex in case that there is an option for that

Which is the recomended way to add preview-latex?

Regards, Alejandro Jakubi