Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4

From: Alejandro Jakubi
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 02:51:30 -0300 (ART)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

Just get the latest suse src RPM file from the download site of AUCTeX
at <URL:ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex> and do an
rpmbuild --rebuild
on it.  You should have a reasonable chance of having this work.

If not, you can deinstall AUCTeX and do a ./configure, make, make
install from the tarball.

I have followed the first method. It generated a file auctex-emacs-11.82-2.fedora.noarch.rpm. Then I have uninstalled emacs-auctex-11.81-1.fc4.noarch and installed the other.
Aparently it works fine.

I have to say that I use mainly Windows and I am not very fond of Emacs, but I find this preview facility quite impressing. I know that new versions of LyX implement preview. I have not tried that yet. But I would like using preview with my usual editor.

So, I wonder how much the preview tool is linked to the lisp basis of Emacs, or in principle an editor with macro language, based on C say, could do also the job.

Regards, Alejandro Jakubi