Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Daniele Arena
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:55:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everybody,

I might be able to test autoconf on some platforms (BSDI, Solaris, Alpha,
AIX...), as long as it does not involve spending a night doing that, but I
think i missed some information:

- Which version of autoconf do you want to be tested? The version on
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/, autoconf-2.49a, dates of August 11. Or
should I checkout the CVS tree somehow?

- What is the exact procedure for the test? Does it only involve compiling
autoconf for the platform and then doing the commands described below
(where I interpret "cc" as being the proprietary compiler for the specific
architecture)?

- Does a host need to respect any system characteristics (e.g. patches),
or what are the special characteristics you want to know for the host?

- Any supplementary information you might want to give.

I'm willing to be a testbench, but I would like my tests to be useful, so
these details would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Daniele.