Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: 13 Oct 2000 19:03:36 +0200

>>>>> "Daniele" == Daniele Arena <address@hidden> writes:

Daniele> - Which version of autoconf do you want to be tested? The
Daniele> version on ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/, autoconf-2.49a,
Daniele> dates of August 11. Or should I checkout the CVS tree
Daniele> somehow?

Thanks for the proposal!

If you have some spare time, then testing the CVS version is good.
But if you have little time, please keep it for the next tarball we
will put on alpha.

Daniele> - What is the exact procedure for the test? Does it only
Daniele> involve compiling autoconf for the platform and then doing
Daniele> the commands described below (where I interpret "cc" as being
Daniele> the proprietary compiler for the specific architecture)?

Just configure, make, make check.  What we need is the log of make
check when it fails.  As Pavel said, there are four tests which are
known to fail, disregard them.

Daniele> - Does a host need to respect any system characteristics
Daniele> (e.g. patches), or what are the special characteristics you
Daniele> want to know for the host?

A priori the log will tell us everything we need to know, but don't
worry: we'll write to you if needed :)

        Akim