RE: [avr-chat] AVR Dragon

From: larry barello
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] AVR Dragon
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:23:14 -0800

Yes, I used it to develop a mega88 application.  Works great.  Very fast ISP operation too.  It doesn’t support JTAG on devices > 32k – which is weird since there are no local memory limitations (unless JTAG v2 operates differently than the earlier one).  Maybe they will remove that restriction soon.

The only problem I had was figuring out that I had to be in “debug” mode, break, then go to Dragon options to disable the debug wire interface before going back to ISP programming.  You can also do that via the STK500 interface with the –W option, but it too is a little rough in that the STK500 can’t figure out what to do on it’s own: The –W breaks the download if the debug wire i/f is not enabled and if it is enabled NOT having the –W breaks the download.  Anyway, it is a minor thing…

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Anton Erasmus

Have you tried any of the Debugwire devices ?