[avr-gcc-list] sine wave generator. ~~~

From: Marlin Unruh
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] sine wave generator. ~~~
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:51:51 -0600

Hi,

I am needing to generate a sine wave using an AVR. The sine wave needs to change in frequency between 1500Hz to 5500Hz approx. Is there a mostly digital solution? I could use an AVR that basically had nothing else to do but read a port as input and generate the sine wave. Using a resistor and capacitor on the PWM output for a wave shaper really wouldn't work because the frequency isn't constant. Right?

I have several ideas,but think I am making it more complex that it really is.

I hope I'm not abusing this forum with this question!

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Marlin