Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtagice and stk500 protocol docs

From: Karl Ran
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtagice and stk500 protocol docs
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:48:00 +0000

> Just for the record: Do you know the FW-version of your Atmel box?
I don't know what you mean but I like surprises ...

:)
I just would like to know version of the software inside the
Atmel jtagice box - just in case Atmel change the timing in future versions :-/

> Any opinions or comments?

Ok, let's see. What I intend to do is to get all the signals n one read cycle
i.e. TDI, TDO, TMS. All JTAG actions take place on the leading edge of TCK.

Yep, that sounds good.

Lets summarise:
-sample at rising edge
-put data in buffer
-read out buffer
-filter out TDI and TDO(this is the interesting part, I guess)
-send data to host

I don't have a facility to make my tool accessible to the public so if someone has
this feature I'll be glad to hear.

I've created a project for the code, JTAG timings, sniffer-dumps, etc on Savannah( http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/freeice/ )

Bye,
Karl