RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:15:13 +0100

FOR WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Today I got gdb-5.3/mingw working with avarice/cygwin.
All I had to do was adding some win32 socket stuff to ser-unix.c and
serial.c to get it up'n'running.
(Hmmm. I searched the internet for about 4 hours, if somebody had
already done this kind of "port",
and needed only 1 to debug through and patch the sources, tsts)

So, after a little clean up I will provide a patch to everybody who's
interested.

Right now you can pretest the mingw-compiled binary under:
http:/www.smartsolutionnet.de/avr-gdb.zip  (850k)

A cygwin-compiled binary (latest nescc version, without any cygwin
libraries) under:
http:/www.smartsolutionnet.de/avarice.zip  (60k)

It works now nicely together with Dev-C++.

Greetings
/Marc

ByTheWay: Has anybody tried to build the gnu-pascal frontend for
avr-gcc?