[avr-gcc-list] Common symbol definitions for assembler

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Common symbol definitions for assembler
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:44:59 +1000

   After installing binutils, gcc, and avr-libc, I find register,
   vector, and port symbols nicely defined in the 'C' header files in
   /usr/local/avr/include/avr/, but need instead, corresponding xxx.inc
   files suitable for use with avr-as.

   What does the group generally use here?

   In sfr_defs.h, I find the comment:
   /* No need to use ?: operator, so works in assembler too.  */

   but gas demonstrably can't handle the syntax of a 'C' header without
   some preprocessing.

   Is the comment in sfr_defs.h a useful lead, or do I need to generate
   xxx.inc files from useful headers, myself?  (It's not a big deal, but
   why reinvent television? :-)

Regards,
Erik