Re[2]: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for Win32system

From: Stephan Eisvogel
Subject: Re[2]: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for Win32systems
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:49:39 +0200

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, 5:08:44 PM, Larry Barello wrote:
> The experimental release doesn't know where the default headers are...
> I had to add "-I c:\WinAvr\avr\include" to the compiler command line...

Hi Larry,

Please  reply  to  the list also for peer-review. I didn't do anything
special and includes still work as excepted here. Example:

avr-gcc -g -Wall -Os -mcall-prologues -fomit-frame-pointer \
-fshort-enums -mmcu=at90s8515 -c -o lcd.o lcd.c

Anyone else had this problem?

> Thanks for the winavr releases.  That makes GCC way more attractive to
> casual users than any other feature.

My granny says: Release early, release often. :-)

> BTW In my limited programs I didn't notice a single byte of difference
> with the experimental release vs the 0424 release.  Even specifying
> -mcall-prologues didn't make any difference.

Call yourself lucky. See threads from a couple weeks back about bugs.

Regards,
--se