RE: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!

From: Dave Hansen
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:19:18 -0400

From: "Brian Cuthie" <address@hidden>
[... re: IDEs...]

I didn't mean this to sound as harsh as it does. Sorry. But I stand by

No offense taken.  Hope none was taken from my reply.  None was intended.

the opinion that IDEs don't have to suck by definition.

I agree they don't have to.  But many do.  And many are toys.

And again, my original reason for posting was to offer my opinion that it would be a Bad Idea (tm) to remove the example makefile in WinAVR in favor of something "simpler."

We do seem to have started an editor war, er, discussion though. Probably shouldn't get involved in that. ;-)

Regards,
  -=Dave

Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus