Re: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:43:47 GMT

> "Dave Hansen" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > --- begin included file Project.mak ---
> > # Project.mak
> > # Project specific definitions for building software
with avr-gcc
> > #
> >
> > # Target file name (without extension).
> > #
> > TARGET      =   PDC
> >
> > # C and assembly source files (C dependencies are
automatically
> > # generated.)
> > #
> > CSRC        =   main.c      \
> >                 io.c        \
> >                 window.c    \
> >                 pinch.c     \
> >                 timer.c     \
> >                 uart.c      \
> >                 eeprom.c
> >
> > ASRC        =
> >
> > # Specify the target processor and clock speed.
> > # Examples: atmega32, attiny26, at90s8535.
> > # See /WinAVR/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-
manual/using_tools.html
> > #
> > MCU         =   atmega32
> > HZ          =   12000000
> >
> > # Define project-specific compilation-control symbols
> > #
> > APPDEFS     =   -D DBUG=1 -D HIGH_CAP=0
> > --- end included file Project.mak ---
> >
> > This is not difficult stuff.  Munging makefiles is an
important skill
> > generally applicable to all fields of programming.  The
documentation
> > and the example is clear.  If you can't figure it out,
perhaps you're
> > in the wrong business.  Hand-holding IDE's are for
wimps.  Real
> > programmers don't eat quiche.  ;-)
>
> I think you've got me wrong. The file you posted above
isn't
> a makefile, it is a fragment of a makefile which needs a
huge include
> file to work. It might be easy and comfortable to use,
but for a newbie
> it is a "black box", he gets no clue how AVR-GCC or make
are working.

And this is exactly how the sample makefile in the old AVR
Freaks distribution worked and this is why, in WinAVR, the
sample makefile is in a single file!

Eric