Re: [avr-gcc-list] C++

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] C++
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:19:10 +0100

Ron Kreymborg schrieb:

So I would like to propose implementing a subset of libstdc++ that would
be suitable for a micro like the AVR. One feature that comes to mind and
currently missing are pure virtual functions. I do not know enough about
managing a gnu project to start this myself, but I would sure like to
play a part. Those interested could perhaps get together and come up
with an agreed upon subset. Maybe this list could be the place for
initial suggestions, and subsequently the implementers could report from
time to time.

Any interest?
Yes! I maybe could help with testing. I myself use also sometimes c++ on avr. Sometimes c++ could give much better code than c can do because templates could do a lot more
then makros.

But actually I spend my time for simulavrxx and my "own private" projects :-)

And there are a lot of things todo in binutils for avr as well! A lot of instructions like ldd/std, ldi, adiw and others are not working as expected. I currently dig into that code
but I am "not surprised"....

Relocation works never on the instructions which makes assembler programming error full! And no error messages are given if a value exceeds the range it is made for.... I think that is terrible. And I also think that there is nobody who is interested in writing assembler on avr. That I am wondering about... And no maintainers found to ask for avr-as.... Thats really terrible for me!

Bye
   Klaus