RE: [avr-gcc-list] interrupts and signals (again)

From: Jamie Morken
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] interrupts and signals (again)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:45:36 -0800

Hi,

Thanks all for the help, I was confused because I am using the PWM to drive a
motor and the PWM signal looked fine (on my ancient oscilloscope anyway!) but
the motor was faltering once or twice a second, so I thought it was an
intermittent ISR bug, but the problem was with the bridge driver IC (ir21844
from IRF.com) it has two control lines, a disable and a pin to select the
highside or lowside fet, and my code changed those two signals simultaneously,
and when I switched to changing them seperately the motor problem disappeared -
hard to track down bug! :)

original line:
PORTD = (PORTD & ~(_BV(h3in))) | (_BV(h2in) | _BV(h2dis) | _BV(h3dis));

new lines:
PORTD = (PORTD & ~(_BV(h3in))) | (_BV(h2dis) | _BV(h3dis));
PORTD |= BV(h2in);

cheers,
Jamie