[avr-gcc-list] problems on linux

From: Kitts
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] problems on linux
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:52:29 +0530

Hi All,

Does anybody here use FreeRTOS with the AVR?

Well! With FreeRTOS, i tried running the demo application making
suitable modifications for use with the atmega16 but it was unable to
handle the number of tasks. I then reduced the tasks and it worked
fine.

I did all of the compilation and programming on linux and avrdude with
the stk500v2 protocol. I put up the issue with the number of tasks on
the FreeRTOS forum and to my surprise, others on the forum were able to
run the demo as is with all of the tasks executing!

I then tried compiling for the mega128 and nothing would work! I then
thought i needed to debug on a simulator and discovered that "make
coff" or "make extcoff" returned errors. Now the interesting part is
that all of what i tried work fine when using Winavr on windows.

Does anybody have a clue of what could be the problem? I seek your
advice!
--
Cheers!
Kitts