Re: [avr-gcc-list] USB

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] USB
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:27:12 +0200

As Xiaofan Chen wrote:

> > An AVR itself. ;-)  There are a number of software-USB solutions
> > around for it (including an Atmel appnote).  However, they all are
> > low-speed USB solutions.

> But this kind of firmware-only based USB does not confirm to
> USB standard.

That's why I put a smiley behind it.

> So they might be ok for personal use but not
> that good for product.

Well, aside from having seen any number of poorly behaving USB
products myself, I don't think anyone developing a real product
would insist on using a DIP case device.  Even for prototyping,
there are a good number of TQFP-fanout PCBs around so using a
TQFP device is not an issue at all.