[avr-gcc-list] __checksum

From: trile58
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] __checksum
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have been successfully porting the old code from IAR to AVR GCC except for
the followings:

extern flash unsigned short __checksum;
   CRC_SUM = 0;              /* Clear CRC-Check of Program Memory (Flash)

*/
   /* Checksum of Program memory  (IAR-Example)  */
    CRC_SUM = slow_crc16(CRC_SUM,(unsigned char flash *)0,(unsigned
long)&__checksum);
    CRC_SUM = slow_crc16(CRC_SUM,(unsigned char flash *)&zero,sizeof(zero));
     /* call with two 0 bytes for the correct calculation of crc */

I had flash changed to PROGMEM as instructed in the porting document.
However, I got an error "undefined reference to __checksum" . From Porting
from IAR to AVR GCC document, it does not list __checksum  is one of the
thing need to be ported. I wonder how this __checksum gets created and where
it is located.  Please advice.

Thanks