Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?

From: Steven Michalske
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:12:17 -0800

CFLAGS+=" -DMY_DATE=`date +%y%m%d` "

and in your code

#ifndef MY_DATE
#error "MY_DATE not defined."
#endif

now use MY_DATE instead of __DATE__

or even better

-DMY_TIME=`date +%s`

this gives you the unix time stamp of seconds since 1970, you get time and date in 1 simple 32bit number that only takes up 4 bytes instead of a string. good if you use printf

you can also always adjust its epoch, or resolution,

/60 to get minutes /3600 for hours etc.
subtract the unix time of jan 1 2009 to get time since the new year

though these are not standard.

Steve