Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] May avr-gcc emit EIJMP/EICALL?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:49:39 +0200

Hello,

I haven't followed the thread very closely (haven't used
avr-gcc for about 2 years now), but here is my 0.03 PLN...

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 02:07:46PM +0400, Denis Chertykov wrote:

> Do you know any real example of a program more than 128k ?

Bootloader at the end of flash in a 256K device?
It's small but completely above 128K, so EIND should be
set to 1 at startup for any indirect jumps within it
to work, otherwise they will jump somewhere below 128K.

It's probably OK to assume EIND never changes after
startup though.  The upper 128K (except bootloader)
would not be used for code, but still useful for data.

Marek