Re: [avr-gcc-list] EF_AVR_LINKRELAX_PREPARED bit in e_flags

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] EF_AVR_LINKRELAX_PREPARED bit in e_flags
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:20:47 +0000

Oh, geez, then we're both guilty of doing that 10 years ago. That's why I asked
if this was even a real problem; 10 years and no complaints or issues about
this area. (Pretty good track record, IMHO.)

> We might perhaps concentrate on the more severe of those flags (-mint8
> [cough, cough]

:-P (When can we get rid of it?.....)

> and -fshort-enums immediately come to mind, as they
> affect the size of certain objects).

Point. Should we compile avr-libc with -fshort-enums? That one is a useful
flag. I know that -fpack-struct is a nop. And -funsigned-char just kind of
levels the playing field for those users who aren't used to using <stdint.h>.

Eric