[avrdude-dev] RE: avrdude-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

From: Gianmario.Scotti
Subject: [avrdude-dev] RE: avrdude-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:25:25 +0200

> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:03:07 +0100
> From: "Martin Thomas" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Butterfly proposal: Exit upgrade function
> To: <address@hidden>
> I've planned to announce it later, but - whatever: I've ported
> AVRDUDE 4.3.0 to work on Windows without the need of
> the cygwin.dll. Some changes where needed in the source code
> and I don't know if everything is correct. Feel free to test it.
> I've tested with the STK500 and a mega16 and have positive
> feedback from someone using the STK500 and mega8515s.
> The source is based on V4.3.0 and does not include the latest
> changes from the savannah cvs done bei "Henni" (Jan-Hinnerk?).
> The source archive together with a Windows binary can be
> found on:
> http://www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/index.html#avrdudew32

For what it's worth, I tested the binary avrdudew32_20040204.zip
("avrdudew32 Version 0.3 for CYGWIN build environment") with the futurlec board
under Win2k and it worked perfectly. Actually, it was surprisingly fast, so at
first I thought it crapped out. But no, it did what it had to do, just quicker
than I expected.

Guys, since my addition to avrdude.conf didn't make it to the 4.3.0 build, would
you object if I made available the modified avrdude.conf file on my website?