Re: [avrdude-dev] RE: avrdude-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] RE: avrdude-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:23:01 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> On Thursday 05 February 2004 18:39, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
>
> > It's not that big of a deal. Just supply it if you want. We won't
> > have any problems if you just supply version from cvs (after
> > converting from avrdude.conf.in to avrdude.conf) instead of rolling
> > your own.
>
> BTW: I always wondered what is done with "avrdude.conf.in" during
> compilation?

Nothing. It's all done by configure at configure time. All the *.in
files are processed by configure and some replacements are made based on
what configure gleans from the system being configured for.

In the case of avrdude.conf.in, that means replacing the default serial
and parallel device files to those appropriate for the target system.

Ted Roth