Re: FW: [avrdude-dev] Windows port (was: Butterfly proposal: Exit upgrad

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: FW: [avrdude-dev] Windows port (was: Butterfly proposal: Exit upgradefunction)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:54:38 +0100

On Thursday 05 February 2004 16:27, Daniel Williamson wrote:
> Hi I was using 4.3.0 on a mega 128 using the pony-stk200
> programmer. It programmed the device in 17s.
>
> When I used the exe from the VC++ package I got the following
> errors.
[verify error]

Hi Daniel,

what version of Windows do you use?

I have done some quick testing on WinXP without programming cable,
beacuse I don't have one ;-( The programming times seem to do okay.
The write delays are even longer than with the old version. However,
I only know the average delay. Perhaps some delays are shorter.
Nevertheless, I rather think this an error with sleep on some
Windows-versions.

Would you mind trying the latest version from Martin and tell me the
times? It seems to have the negative times fixed. There is a prebuild
binary in the .zip. So you don't have to install gcc for this.

Cheers
  Jan-Hinnerk