Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:49:34 +0000

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 04:03:04PM -0500, Bill Page wrote:
> (4) -> draw(sin(x)^2/x^2,x=0..10)
>    Compiling function %H with type DoubleFloat -> DoubleFloat
>    Graph data being transmitted to the viewport manager...
>    AXIOM2D data being transmitted to the viewport manager...
>
>    (4)  TwoDimensionalViewport: "DSIN(x)**2/(x*x)"
>                                                  Type:
> TwoDimensionalViewport
> (5) -> Cannot open
> /home/wspage/axiom-build/mnt/linux/../../share/graph/header.ps to read.
>
> ------
>
> The graph is drawn with the title just as show above
> starting with a 'D'. Where did that come from?

There are a few places in Axiom where an expression needs to be
linearised: this is one of them and printing parameterised types is
another.  Somebody had the bright idea of using the facility for
conversion to Fortran (which I wrote) which by default uses the double
precision names for intrinsic functions, with the results you see.  I
remember reporting this as a bug when Axiom was still an IBM project,
before it even came to NAG!

Mike.

http://www.star.net.uk