Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:50:01 +0200

Tim,

What do you think about maintaining sourceforge:trunk as Silver (ehm, Gold-to-be) instead of branches/daly?

SVN has a big weakness of not automatically tracking merged revision numbers (that is why some people use SVK instead). Tim, can you figure out the SVN-revision numbers of the patches from Gaby and Waldek that you applied to branches/daly? I think that would greatly help to put an end on the "hard to merge" front.

How do you identify diff-Naur patches anyway? Which tool do you use to prevent you from applying the same patch twice?

Ralf

On 06/04/2007 02:14 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Actually, I don't know exactly, why Tim now puts everything into
| "branches/daly" instead of "trunk". Gaby, Tim, Waldek, what do you
| think the best strategy would be to ease merging later?

I would have highly preferred Tim put the new silver in /silver, and
keep branches/daly as his private branch; but he didn't so we must
learn to leave with that.

We should remove the current silver it just is too confusing to people.
As for merge, it is going to be more painful than it has to be
primaily because Tim picked changes by carefully not picking the
revision number or ChangeLogs.  I tried twice, but abandoned because I
had more pressing things on the fire and partly because I got
frsutrated. Waldek has more patience than me.

-- Gaby