bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Sangoma drivers

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Sangoma drivers
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:08:41 -0500

Originally I had planned to do this last week, but it ended up being
this week.  I am working on new drivers for Sangoma's new native
channelized voice driver interface.

This driver uses an older version of libpri, but a varient build which
exposes the pri_internal.h header.  It is a shame they didn't choose to
just fork it and have it under a different link library name and include
directory by default, as it is sure to cause conflicts with those who
have installed libpri for asterisk.  Of course its still beta, so maybe
they will resolve this issue later.

I am coding this driver to run a separate thread for each span to
process the pri signaling channel (through libpri), as well as a per
channel thread to process audio in the newer continues audio driver
model.  I am looking for thoughts and ideas from other people who have
worked with the Sangoma stuff before about this as well.

Oh, it looks like I will also be in Boston mid-January for the GPLv3
conference.

David