bibledit-general

[be] problem with Timezones and Send/Receive?

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: [be] problem with Timezones and Send/Receive?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:47:30 -0600

My team and I are using the same remote repository at Sourceforge.net.
But I am in America and they are in Indonesia.
We have been having weird problems where many of our revisions are being overwritten.
At first I thought it might have to do with the settings for how to deal with conflicts, whether to use local or remote data.
Now I think maybe our problem has to do with time zones.

My team is always working later than I am, based on date. So if I save something on my Monday afternoon (Anna's Monday's night), and Anna goes to work and does a Send/Receive the first thing in the day, her version will overwrite all the changes I made. If I work Tuesday at 8PM (Anna's Wednesday morning) we'll be working at the same time, but I suspect that Anna's version will trump mine in any change I make.

Or perhaps our problems relate to the weird Merge bug that I asked about earlier today.

Thanks,
Phil

--
Oreo Phil         479-524-7005