bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Surround Sound via ALSA

From: Martin Egge
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Surround Sound via ALSA
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:05:03 +0100

Hi Martin,

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012, 18:42:23 schrieb Martin Lambers:
> My guess is that this has something to do with your OpenAL
> configuration.
> [...]
> Does surround sound work with other applications?

You are right. None of my OpenAL applications is working with the current
configuration with OpenALSoft 1.12 an newer. Everything is ok with OpenAL 1.11
and older. I have send an mail about this issue to the OpenAL list.

> Ubuntu wants to use PulseAudio as far as I know, and that should work
> fine, too, when you configure PulseAudio for surround sound.

I've removed PulseAudio completely because it often blocks other applications
when they try to access the sound device.

> With the latest Bino versions, you can select any audio device known to
> OpenAL:

I had no succes to build Bino 1.13 on Ubuntu 11.04 because many libraries are
too old.

Greetz,
Martin