[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-zile] Zee anastasis in progress!

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Bug-zile] Zee anastasis in progress!
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 02:42:59 +0100

Still going!

I have now removed all but one call to AStr's tostring method (in
fact, I overlooked one last time, which is to do with displaying the
popup window, which I've left in, as I believe it's acceptable, as it
only ever runs tostring on portions of the popup window as wide as the

In particular, the conversion of the entire buffer to a string every
time it was searched is now gone.

I have adapted lrexlib to work directly with buffers as promised; this
should be in a new release shortly.

The total code length is now 3,457 lines. This about the same as the
3,500 I claimed last time, but that was definitely wrong. Actually,
the figure I gave for C Zee was wrong too: it should be 4,884 (I said
4,400). So in fact the Lua:C branch ratio is now down to 70%, the same
as that for Zile. That's lucky because there's not much immediate
scope for reduction.

The remaining work to do before replacing C Zee with Lua Zee is to
bring the command list to parity. This involves the addition of about
nine mostly trivial commands (I have made one or two design changes
relative to C Zee, so the result won't be identical).


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]