Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 01:19:51 -0700

Eric Blake wrote:

> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >
> > And this time it actually had a valid VerifyError!
> > This new jikes is a bit to clever about String concatenations.
>
> I'll fix that today, and repost here when it is up.

I committed that patch to Jikes' CVS earlier today, fixing the
VerifyErrors with string concatenation.  I'm trying to get one more
patch through the test suite and in CVS by tomorrow morning, then I'll
take a look at the other verify errors you reported.  My gut feeling is
that we may have to make some private constructors in inner classes more
accessible as a temporary workaround, until jikes 1.16 is released.
--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer