classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT build in infobus

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT build in infobus
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:05:34 +1100

At 09:56 PM 12/2/01 -0500, Andrew Selkirk wrote:
ANT is awesome!  I have been learning a lot about ANT recently at work and
I'm quite impressed with its simplicity and flexibility.

we're using it already for the gnu.crypto project. if we're to use ANT it would be a good idea to standardise on one way of using it; ie. standard mandatory targets, optional targets, syntax, organisation of the file, etc... and may be also a set of taskdefs for GNU projects -or at least for the classpathx ones; basically things that would make it easy for new developers to intervene/adapt and use as quickly as possible with minimal learning curve.

i've already an iteration of an AntStyle document for a coding style (a JavaStyle one also exists) for the gnu.crypto project and wouldn't mind if others have a look, adopt and/or modify to suit. if people are interested i can email it to them or if enough interest exists i can post it to this list.

  I have just
implemented an ANT build process for infobus and have checked it in.  Here is
some of the features of the infobus build now:
- compiles code into a separate build directory
- creates an infobus.jar
- generates javadoc into a docs directory
- uses junit testing to execute unit testing components and generates an xml
report which is XSLT'd into html pages

haven't tried that before, mainly because of the size of the (xalan/xerces) jars involved. where can i have a look at your build.xml?

cheers;
rsn