confuse-devel

Re: [Confuse-devel] spec file issues

From: Diego E.
Subject: Re: [Confuse-devel] spec file issues
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:42:43 +0200

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:34 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Would you prefer to see it removed for all builds, or just
> selectively
> remove -Werror for those platforms that have this issue?

I'm just a confuse user myself, but for Gentoo (I'm a Gentoo dev, but
not the confuse maintainer) I asked for some time already to remove
-Werror, and indeed our package does not build with -Werror at all.

For what it's worth, I already expressed my concerns about unconditional
-Werror in released packages at
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/02/25/future-proof-your-code-dont-use-werror ...

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”