ddd

Re: bugs in DDD on the mac (10.5, leopard, intel core 2)

From: David Clarke
Subject: Re: bugs in DDD on the mac (10.5, leopard, intel core 2)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:35:03 -0300

Hi Andreas:

Wow; I didn't expect to get a response from one of the authors! Thanks for this and your other e-mail on my "how to" questions.

Sorry to hear that these "bugs" are inherent to the software on the Mac. I was truly hoping DDD would help me avoid having to use XSource, which is completely inscrutable to me. The mac is appearing to be less and less of a useful scientific tool to me every day. Still, I shall try to get used to these GUI-related ddd inconveniences, and see if I can get it working for me.

Since closing ddd, I am now unable to open it again, though this may have something to do with the incredibly long download procedure for firefox I currently have underway. I shall try again if and when this download ever finishes. In the mean time, what I am getting now is:

mytikas 41> ddd xedit21

and after a few minutes of nothing:

^C
Internal error (Bus error).

Oops!  You have found a bug in DDD.

If you can reproduce this bug, please send a bug report
to <address@hidden>, giving a subject like

    DDD 3.3.11 (i686-apple-darwin9.4.0) gets `Bus error' signal

To enable us to fix the bug, you should include the following information:
* What you were doing to get this message.  Report all the facts.
* The contents of the `~/.ddd/log' file as generated by this session.
Please read also the section "Reporting Bugs" in the DDD manual.

We thank you for your support.

Bus error
mytikas 42> cd

At any rate, that's where I am now.