Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation

From: Frederic Lehobey
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:00:01 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:15:08AM +0100, Jeremy Dubreil wrote:

> In some cases this might lead to something we would wish to avoid.
> Indeed, if a voter A tries to delegate the question Q to the other
> participants then he can infer who is on a path of delegation to him.
> And in the same time he can find out who is not delegating to him

No, not all. What he can find is who is delegating ot not his
_delegate_ vote (only) to him. Remember (public) delegations (= votes
as delegate) are _public_. He does not know anything about the private
vote (and has no means to).

Please do not loop into inexisting problems we have already solved a
(very) long time ago.

Experimentally,
Frédéric