Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:51:16 +0000

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 09:04 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > But in any case I see a problem
> > in the code:
> >
> > device_manager_refresh_model();
> >
> > is called outside of the Change Prefs dialog (in jackmidi.c). The
> > model
> > (actually a global variable called treestore) is only pointing at
> > something while the gtktree widget (a global called view) exists.
> >
> > It think that call can just be deleted:
>
> The variable treestore? Or do you mean the function.
I mean the line calling the device_manager_refresh_model();
in jackmidi.c
You do not need the model (which was in the global variable treestore),
and indeed it no longer exists, as the prefdialog has been dismissed.

>  If the function
> does not refresh the tree when you open up the preferences the tree
> will not be seen. There is surely a better way rather then emptying
> and refilling the tree to refresh the display.

Your are creating the whole shooting match everytime prefdialog is run.
It is true there is no need, but don't bother to change it.
whole shooting match = the view and the treestore
that is the widget and the data it looks at. You are copying the data in
from Denemo.prefs.midi_device when prefs is run.
When jack needs it, it goes there, not to the treestore model.