Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:47:33 +0100

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 08:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Do you want me to modify the font so that the Note and Rest entry
> looks
> correct or do you want me to modify the C code so that it points to
> the
> correct font?
I can do the C code (I have already got samples in generate_source.c and
utils.c, view.c which is inactivated).
If you can just work on the music symbols block in Denemo2.ttf so that
they look legible when included in text - an example is the label for
the Metronome Mark).
Once they are looking good check it back in as Denemo2.ttf and I can do
the C code and move it to Denemo.ttf and everything will be fine.

Specifically, the new Denemo2.ttf has 0,1,2... at the usual place in the
first ascii block, not the music symbols that Denemo.ttf has, and that
will be correct once I check in the C-code. Note and Rest Entry menubar
will show 0 1 2 ... when you have Denemo2.ttf copied into ~/.fonts as
Denemo.ttf, that's ok as the C-code is not modified yet. No-one will see
that, since the checked in code still has the old Denemo.ttf font. Once
you check in Denemo2.ttf with nice bold versions I will modify the
C-source (utils.c) so that it uses the symbols in the 0xF0.... range,
not the ascii 0 1 2 ones, and move your new Denemo2.ttf to Denemo.ttf.