Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Modifying Denemo.ttf
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:49:42 +0100

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 14:47 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 08:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > Do you want me to modify the font so that the Note and Rest entry
> > looks
> > correct or do you want me to modify the C code so that it points to
> > the
> > correct font?
> I can do the C code (I have already got samples in generate_source.c
I have checked in generate_source.c (without checking in the files it
generates) so that you can use it to test your new glyphs. It needs
tweaking where they are used in some tooltips.

>  and
> utils.c, view.c which is inactivated).
> If you can just work on the music symbols block in Denemo2.ttf so that
> they look legible when included in text - an example is the label for
> the Metronome Mark).
specifically the utf8 codes used in generate_source.c are mentioned
there:

#define NOTE0 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9D"
#define NOTE1 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9E"
#define NOTE2 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x9F"
#define NOTE3 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA0"
#define NOTE4 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA1"
#define NOTE5 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA2"
#define NOTE6 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA3"
#define NOTE7 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA4"
#define NOTE8 "\xF0\x9D\x85\xA5"

#define REST0 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBB"
#define REST1 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBC"
#define REST2 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBD"
#define REST3 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBE"
#define REST4 "\xF0\x9D\x84\xBF"
#define REST5 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x80"
#define REST6 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x81"
#define REST7 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x82"
#define REST8 "\xF0\x9D\x85\x83"

In fact the 256th note and rest are not assigned values by unicode.org
AFAIK, so we have to decide what to display there.
Other glyphs in the music symbols block may need to be tweaked if we
want to use them for labelling things in the Denemo display, but these
are the priority.