Re: [Denemo-devel] SOC - Some remarks 1

From: Dominic Sacré
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] SOC - Some remarks 1
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 00:21:43 +0200

On Thursday 04 August 2011 17:21:42 Ralf Mattes wrote:
> Denemo was started with 'denemo -M jack -A jack'.
> Now, why is fluidsynth called at all even so I don't use it?

Because you basically asked for it by using '-A jack'. If you only want
MIDI, use '-M jack -A dummy'.
But you're right, the question of whether it should be possible to
disable fluidsynth will come up at least when Denemo regains its audio-
input capabilities.

At the moment, all events in all tracks are played to both the MIDI
output and the audio output (via fluidsynth). It will soon be possible
to choose between MIDI and audio output (or both) on a per-track basis.
It may be useful to have some global options to override the tracks'
settings, but I'm not quite sure what those should be.

Dominic