Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 12:56:06 +0000

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 09:22 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Yeah. The font thing may give us some trouble. What was the trouble
> with that on windows?
The symptom is that after installing without re-booting usually the
fonts aren't found. For a long while I was also getting problems
uninstalling on windows, but this seems to have been fixed (by them I
guess).

> Are the pango-querymodules and friends updating at startup so the
> fonts can load.
I recall there was some module-finding executable that was supposed to
be run *at installation time* but I could not execute it even by hand.
The purpose of that executable was to write a configuration file.

>  How can we better fix this font thing. It is giving us trouble in
> migrating to gtk3 also.

We need to attract the interest of some windows guru I think.