Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:01:03 +0000

On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 09:15 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Thu, 2015-01-15 at 14:49 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         > I think the "usb stick" version has an issue finding
>         lilypond. I am
>         > going to look into fixing that now. Then I have to make sure
>         evince is
>         > finding its modules.
>         When I tried it LilyPond was found and evince worked, even
>         though the
>         previously installed Denemo had been moved from its
>         installation
>         position. Are you thinking this may be because of some
>         environment
>         variables or registry entries or something previously
>         installed?
>

> It was not working for me because I had a .denemo-1.2.0 already and it
> was telling denemo that lilypond was somewhere else. I just deleted
> the .denemo-1.2.0 directory and it worked fine. I think if I had
> denemo in a directory then later decide I want to keep it somewhere
> else,
>
> then lilypond probably won't be found because the old location is
> stored in preferences.

yes, that analysis is correct.
[...]
>         Thinking about it, we surely will not need two versions. What
>         are the
>         differences at the moment between them?
>

> Nothing. One has an installer and one does not.

I'll try using the installer to put denemo on a USB stick.

>         I can do some investigations if you build the standard mingw
>         installer
>         from the latest git and a new version of the zip file from the
>         same
>         sources (so that the fonts will be reliably found).
>

> I compiled it last night and called it:
> http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-mingw-0.0.0.zip. It is
> missing the Licenses and it probably needs a README so people know
> what to do. Can windows shortcuts be created in Linux and stored in a
> zip correctly?

Well windows "shortcuts" are files with the location they are meant to
refer to written in them - I am not sure but it may just be the
so-called extension that tells windows to treat the file as a shortcut.

>  Is it different then doing a symlink? This way the user does not have
> to navigate the the usr/bin directory and then find the denemo.exe.

What we can do is put a file denemo.bat in the top level directory that
the user can double click on. I'll experiment with what it should
contain.

> I compiled the installer version yesterday also. Would you like me to
> update that again today?

No, that should be fine for testing, I'll get to this as soon as
possible.