Re: [Denemo-devel] Rehearsal mark "I" from transcribed source.

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Rehearsal mark "I" from transcribed source.
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:33:32 +0000

Lilypond seems to concede that you CAN have an I if you must!

Joe

On 18/02/2017 17:50, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sat, 2017-02-18 at 13:00 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
Lilypond doesn't accept I due to "standard practice". But other scores
do, so transcribing a part to transpose it produces problems.
Hmm, the boxed rehearsal mark style *does* include I, it's documented
here:

documented at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/bars#rehearsal-marks

So choosing boxed alphabetic does generate I and, in fact, it's not
clear how you create boxed rehearsal marks skipping the I, this being, I
think a bug in the LilyPond documentation

Richard

The I can be added as a Text item, but not as a boxed Text item.

The manual suggests that something like

\markup\box
"I"

might work, but this causes a Typesetting error.

Joe

PS This isn't REALLY important if I haven't misunderstood, and it
requires modifications; I can lend people a biro to box their "I"'s.