[Denemo-devel] note split and spill across measures

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] note split and spill across measures
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 21:06:38 -0400 (EDT)

In my newest install, if you type a note that makes the total typed duration in a measure exceed the measure length, denemo splits and spills the note to the next measure. (And also creates a tie between the split parts, across the bar mark)

While this is a cool and nifty thing when you want it (truly it is!), it's the opposite when you don't, creating LOTS of deletion tedium (yeah - i am spoiled because my expectation for denemo input speed is high, because it mostly meets it).

I seem to remember a different mode years ago, where the behavior was simply highlighting the measure red, due to excess duration.

The latter behavior allows one to reduce the duration speedily and move on, without the lost time on deletion and untying.

There are some compositions that i type up where the unwanted split & spill happens a LOT...

IDEALLY i'd want to be able to switch between behaviors, and (greedy me) even have a key shortcut that causes a ONE-TIME switch to the alternative.

Thanks again for your awesome product.