Re: Capture the music compass/timing with MIDI piano

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Capture the music compass/timing with MIDI piano
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 08:34:43 +0000

On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 20:29 -0300, Júlio César Borges da Silveira
Nardelli wrote:
> Richard,
> Very nice, I understood, no problem for me play twice.
> I would like to play my keyboard as a piano with 5 octaves. Is Denemo
> already configured to "understand" where is the "do central"
> ("central C" in English).

yes, it is in fact your MIDI keyboard that decides which keypress is
middle C - it emits the number 60 for that key and Denemo interprets
that as middle C. You will find a control on your MIDI keyboard to
shift the assignments up or down at least by octaves (so the same
keypress would emit 72, say for the C above middle C. I use a smaller
4-octave keyboard as it fits on my desk better. I regularly shift it up
one octave to play the higher parts and back down for the lower parts -
just a single button press on my keyboard.

>  I would like to create a score with treble clef and bass clef as
> well. How could I do that?

The basic commands to add staffs are under Staffs/Voices, and the clef
choices under Clefs but you may wish to start with a template (e.g. a
piano score template) which are in File->Open->Open Template