Re: Ghostscript

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Ghostscript
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:24:18 +0000

On Thu, 2022-02-17 at 18:50 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> I'll have a look tomorrow then.
> Presumably you could use \\ rather than /??

At first I assumed it was a matter of escaping the backslashes - the
whole thing being complicated by both the debugger and guile displaying
the path as containing \\ - just their way of displaying a backslash.
But Windows has supported / as a file name separator for years now, but
the temporary filename generator doesn't use it. So I had to come up
with this delicious piece of gobbledy-gook to replace all \ with / in
the (d-GetCurrentTypesetPDF)

(string-map (lambda (c) (if (equal? c #\\) #\/ c))(d-GetCurrentTypesetPDF))

this would have the unfortunate consequence of garbling any file name
that actually had an embedded backslash :) (only possible in Unix where
filenames can contain anything except a 0).

Besides testing if gs.exe shipped with Denemo would work I also didn't
test that you can create more than one book in succession - there is
always some doubt because Windows often thinks a file is "in use" and
refuses to re-use it.

Richard