Re: Ghostscript

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Ghostscript
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 10:45:12 +0000

On Sat, 2022-02-19 at 06:09 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> It worked, compiling score and 5 parts into a pdf 1.8MB in size.
> Congratulations!
> (I downloaded Ghostscript and it went into the place Edit Preferences
> pointed to

yes, it's a bad situation: in the Unix world you would install the
executable with its versioned name at a versioned place and point a
universal name (such as gs.exe) in a universal place to the current
version. That way people don't have to search it out afresh at every
update. I guess this may not be possible in Windows (Windows shortcuts
are text files, I'm not sure you can launch without the help of
command.com).
So this will break if you upgrade Ghostscript, and you will need to set
your pref to the new location.

sigh!

Richard