dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] Avoiding code fork/duplication of serveez cfg code

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] Avoiding code fork/duplication of serveez cfg code
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 00:49:08 +0100 (CET)

On 28 Nov 2002, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

heya!

> > that is, you make the mapper known structs of types 'A' and 'B' and later
> > you introduce a struct 'C' that has an 'a_foo' value of type 'A' and 'A'
> > in turn has a 'b_bar' value of type 'B'. this could be used in serveez to
> > make 'portcfg' structs be a config item for servers more easily.
> >
> Maybe I'll implement something like this, but ATM I have no need for
> it.

i stay tuned :-)

[snip]

> I've attached the gzipped patch against CVS. The code is in no way
> fixed in any way, I'm open for comments, so flame on :-). Of course
> I'd like people to test this patch with their Serveez setups, it
> *should* not really break anything besides ABI compatibility (of
> course), if you don't explicitly mess with svz_servertype_t's config
> members.

welllllll. thanks for the patch. as you can imagine, the main problem is
the testing. i can test the patch with my serveez installation here but
this one is rather boring... unfortunately there is no real test scenario
for serveez...

ela is a little bit reluctant to apply the patch since he doesnt have the
time to have a real look at it. i skipped over it and it looks okay to me
(but this doesnt mean much).

let me suggest this: give me some time to test my installation here (i am
currently quite busy). in the meantime it would be cool if you would
extend the foo-server so that it uses as much of your code as
possible. alternativly you could also implement some other test case that
convinces us that your code doesnt introduce mean bugs.

if this all works well your patch will be applied, but dont hold your
breath :)

i hope this isnt too discouraging...
    Raimi

--