dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] Avoiding code fork/duplication of serveez cfg code

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] Avoiding code fork/duplication of serveez cfg code
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:05:17 +0100 (CET)

On 27 Nov 2002, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

hi folks!

> FYI: I now *have* started hacking away, so I'll soon be able to send
> some patches against CVS for review. That should help to clear things
> up ;-)

stefan and me discussed the issue briefly and we welcome patches.

two additional notes perhaps:

1)
did you have a look at SWIG ?
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/swig/

i appreciate your efforts but SWIG might be what you are looking for...

2)
if you still want to go for the enhancement of the current code:
i would really like to see the possibility of nesting structs.

that is, you make the mapper known structs of types 'A' and 'B' and later
you introduce a struct 'C' that has an 'a_foo' value of type 'A' and 'A'
in turn has a 'b_bar' value of type 'B'. this could be used in serveez to
make 'portcfg' structs be a config item for servers more easily.

again, i have to apologize of any of the above is crap. i am really not
up-to-date with serveez.

Bye,
    Raimi

--